Re: phreeqc-database

I looked in phreeqc.dat, wateq4f.dat, llnl.dat, and minteq.dat, and none
have analytical expressions for vivianite, nor can I find any instance of
the number 234.205 in any of the databases. So I'm confused as to where to
locate the error; it looks like it is not in any of the databases that I
distribute.

David

David Parkhurst (dlpark@xxxxxxxx)
U.S. Geological Survey
Box 25046, MS 413
Denver Federal Center
Denver, CO 80225

Project web page: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled

                      Jasper Griffioen
                      <j.griffioen@xxx         To:      David L Parkhurst <dlpark@xxxxxxxx>, Tony Appelo <appt@xxxxxxxxx>
                      g.tno.nl>                cc:
                                               Subject: phreeqc-database
                      07/16/02 02:37
                      AM

Dear David and Tony,

Herewith I would like to ask your attention for a small mistake in the
PHREEQC database (and maybe other databases as well).

The values for the analytic expression for the solubility of vivianite
should read:

+234.205 0.0 -12,242.6 -92.510

instead of

-234.205 0.0 +12,242.6 +92.510

The reason is presumably that Al-Borno & Tomson (GCA(58/24), 5373-5378)
report the analytic expression for pK instead of logK.

Best regards,
Jasper Griffioen

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00029.html