Fw: Transport problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "David L Parkhurst" <dlpark@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Bernd Ehret" <bernd.ehret@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: Transport problem

> David
>

> David Parkhurst (dlpark@xxxxxxxx)
> U.S. Geological Survey
> Box 25046, MS 413
> Denver Federal Center
> Denver, CO 80225

Thank you very much for your information. It's a pity but there are always
some more questions:

1)    identifier -alkalinity in SELECTED_OUTPUT     o.k.

2)
> Both versions appear to be consistent in calculating a pH of 10. I believe
> the program is making the proper calculation for the conditions that you
> have specified. You need to look at the changes in the distribution of
> species for the surface complexes to see what is causing the high pH
> values. It is probably related to the selection of log K values for the
> surface complexes and the initial conditions.

I have done the calculation without surface complexes - and there are the
same results for pH
and only very small differences for concentrations in cell 20 shift 20, see
excel sheets.

Bernd

bernd.ehret@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ehbernd@xxxxxx