Free ions in mineral waters

Dear water experts,

I've successfully compiled your PHREEQC package from source
on a OpenBSD/Intel box (though the test suite reports
some diffs : http://www.brainthat.com/check.out).

I've looked at some examples, but honestly I'm a bit lost.

What I'd like to do (in a first step) is ..

Compute free ions and complexes in mineral waters
of natural origin (that is ground waters, deployed
for human consumption).

Further, I'd like to calculate the above stuff not
only for the measured pH of the water, but for an
pH of 7.5, as this might be a realistic value for
the mileu in small intestine, where water/minerals
are absorbed.

Could you please give me a hint on what example to
use as a template e.g. ?

I'm willing to make the results available as an
online service both via HTML-Forms and remote calling
via XML-RPC / SOAP (my programming know-how is much greater
than that in geochemistry ;)

http://www.brainthat.com/zope/webservice

(this site is pre-public)

Further, I've got data for 165 natural mineral waters
from germany.

Thanks a lot, Greets

Tobias Oberstein

"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
 is, of course, in a state of sin."   John von Neumann

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00295.html