Re: phreeqc-database

Dear David,

sorry for confusing you. Apparently, I confused the original database
with my own one. I recently installed the newest PHREEQC release and
thought that the original database was still in the directory. Instead I
copied my own from an older directory and made the mistake about
vivianite before.

However, I can suggest a slight modification to the database from this.
The article referred to (Al-Borno & Tomson) provides thermodynamic data
about the solubility constant of vivianite. The authors used the
MINTEQA2 database for data interpretation and their data is therefore
suitable for some of the database related to PHREEQC. The results in
PHREEQC format read:

Vivianite
Fe3(PO4)2:8H2O = 3 Fe+2 + 2 PO4-3 + 8 H2O
     log_k                  -35.767
     delta_h      5.05   kJ
     -analytic    234.205  0.0   -12242.6     -92.510

log_k differs somewhat from the original value in PHREEQC (-36.000) and
no temperature dependence was included.

I apologise for my own mistake.

best regards,
jasper