phreeqc question

Hi David,

Margaret from School of Mines here.  Thanks so much for your help on the
transport problem.  I'm stuck again and was wondering if you had any advice.
My thesis involves modeling the sorption, gas phase partitioning, and
biodegradation of organics in a column.  I'm starting with benzene to make it
simple.  Instead of calling benzene C6H6, I am calling it "benzene."  I have
created something called "benzdp" which is the benzene daughter product, the
product of a first-order biodegradation decay.  The database accepts the
entry of the two under solution species.  However, whenever I try to connect
the two in the database (Benzene = Benzdp, log_k -20 or with an equation
Benzene + H2O = Benzdp + H2O), the error says the elements aren't balanced.
Do you have any advice on this?

My second question involves the gas phase partitioning.  I want the solution
to move from cell to cell, each time encountering a new surface and gas
bubble to which it will partition (sorption is working fine this way).

Attached are my database and two input decks.  I apologize for taking up your
time but I'm at a place where I don't knkow what else to try.  I'd appreciate
any help that you can give me.

Sincerely,
Margaret Dodds

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00099.html