RE: Using Phreeqc for modeling redox reactions

David:
Thanks a lot for your reply.  I think the reason I see the difference in two
approaches I was taking lies in your explanation that in the Reaction
calculation Phreeqc does not differentiate between Fe(II) and Fe(0).  But in
the electrochemical process I am actually introducing ferrous iron into the
solution directly instead of as a salt such as FeSO4.  The reactions are:

At the anode (oxidation reaction):         Fe *  Fe+2 (aq) + 2e-
(1)
At the cathode (reduction reaction):      2H2O + 2e-  *  H2 * + 2OH- (aq)
(2)
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>
How can I model this in Phreeqc?
Regards,