Re: Release of PHREEQC 2.7 and PhreeqcI 2.7.0.1

David,

Last week I asked you this question:
> Are there developments to make PHREEQC suitable to simulate the transport
of DOM in groundwater?

thanks for your replay,
> You can add a new constituent "Dom" and have it react through REACTION,
> KINETICS, SOLUTION_SPECIES. The wateq4f.dat already has a minimal
> definition of  "Fulvate" and "Humate". But I think you want more than this.

But I still have an question:
I want to model 1-D transport (along a flowpath) and simulate kinetic or equilibrium redox-reactions with "dom", just as I 'm used to do with organic matter or pyrite. Now I want to let "dom" reduce Fe(OH)3 consistents in the sediment (see reaction 5-7 where CH2O = "dom" ):
[5]        4Fe(OH)3(s) + 12H+ + 4e-  4Fe2+ + 12H2O
[6]        CH2O(aq) + 2H2O   4e- + 5H+ + HCO3-
[7]        4Fe(OH)3(s) + CH2O(aq)  + 7H+  4Fe2+ + 10H2O + HCO3-

Can I do this with reaction - kinetics - solution_species?

yours sincerely
Peter Schipper

"David L Parkhurst" <dlpark@xxxxxxxx>

21-02-2003 15:49