Re: Phreeqc

> I have installed phreeqc via my on-line connection. How do I get the
program to run? When I access the program it asks for the input file. I
have tried all manner of names but all are rejected. How does one begin to
use the program? Please help.

Sounds like you have the batch version of PHREEQC. You need to have an
input file that you generated with an editor or one of the example input
files, in the directory EXAMPLES of the directory you installed the program
in.

I suggest you get the interactive version of the program that runs under
Windows (PhreeqcI version 2 under Graphical User Interfaces at
https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc). The interactive
version will let you open files (Files menu) if you have an input file or
want to run the examples. There is screen input for most keywords and a
text editor for generating the datablocks for a run. You can run the
simulations and view the output.

David

David Parkhurst (dlpark@xxxxxxxx)
U.S. Geological Survey