Re: Aqueous species oscillations within transport calculation

Dear David
Just a short to note to say thanks you for replying so quickly and
comprehensively.  I'll carry out your comments as suggested.

A couple of answers:
Yes, flow rate is slow and the the experimental data was collected over
five years, but I've run the model for much longer than that to allow
Solution 0 to flush through the system to reach a state of no further
mineralogical and pH  changes. (The experimental data suggests this over
the five year timescale, so we've yet to get the timings correct, but
this is a good place to start.)

Yes, we have been thinking about the redox conditions and I've run one
calc with no Fe present, and also one with fixed pE, to overcome the
changing redox conditions.

Thanks again for your comments. They are really useful!

Best regards
Fiona Hunter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr Fiona Hunter    MRSC
Serco Assurance
Building 150
Harwell International Business Centre, Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QJ
Telephone: +44 (0)1635 280418
Facsimile: +44 (0)1635 280305

****Disclaimer***********
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged material; it  is for the intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the originator and do not necessarily represent the views of Serco.

Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Serco in any contract or obligation.

Serco Group plc.  Registered in England and Wales.  No: 2048608
Registered Office:  Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY, United Kingdom.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00426.html