PHREEQC

Dear Sir,

I am currently a student at the University of Sunderland in the North East of England studying Engineering Geology.
I am conducting a study into the effects of gypsum dissolution within the Permian strata in the region.
During the course of my research I have taken samples of groundwater and subjected them to geochemical analysis of:
Temperature (Taken in the field with a probe meter),
pH (probe meter),
SULPHATE (IC (ion chromatography)),
CALCIUM (AAS (atomic absorption spectrophotometry)).
My past reading has shown that saturated sulphate levels are indicative of gypsum dissolution (which is becoming an increasing problem in certain parts of England)and was wondering if PHREEQ was the correct program for ascertaining this. If not is their anything you could recommend?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,

Curtis Evans

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8 http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00619.html