Re: phreeqc-2 v2.7 molarity/molality conversion oddity

Sorry about the typo, yes my first sentence should be "molarity".

> molality is moles/kg total solution and not moles/kg solvent (in this
case water)

However, "molality" is moles per kilogram water; "formality" is moles per
kilogram of solution. Whatever, I am sure that PHREEQC makes the
conversions correctly.

David

David Parkhurst (dlpark@xxxxxxxx)
U.S. Geological Survey
Box 25046, MS 413
Denver Federal Center
Denver, CO 80225

Project web page: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled

                      Eric Breynaert
                      <Eric.Breynaert@xxxxxxxx        To:       David L Parkhurst <dlpark@xxxxxxxx>
                      uven.ac.be>                     cc:
                                                      Subject:  Re: phreeqc-2 v2.7 molarity/molality conversion
                      11/06/2003 01:34 AM              oddity

Dear Mr. Parkhurst,

Thank you very much for your fast reply. I assume you meant MolaRity is
moles/L in your
first sentence. Then it's completely clear to me. I forgot to take into
account that
molality is moles/kg total solution and not moles/kg solvent (in this case
water).

kind regards,

eric breynaert

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00566.html