question about PHAST/PHREEQC-- with attachments

This is the same email sent a few minutes ago except it has the attachments included.
Hi,

I'm working on a simple 2-D benzene oxidation problem with PHAST.

I have followed parts of PHREEQC example 15 (kinetic biodegradation) for the monod kinetics.

I am presently getting a non-convergence problem and I can't seem to fix it.

The errors I am presently getting are the following:
"ERROR: The program has failed to converge to a numerical solution."
"ERROR:                    E solution phase boundary has not converged.  Residual: -3.520584e+000"

I have included all 3 files

the database was altered to include:

SOLUTION_MASTER_SPECIES
C(6)     C6H6           0.0     C6H6            78.108

SOLUTION_SPECIES
C6H6 = C6H6
 log_k           0.000
        -gamma    5.4000    0.0000

6 CO3-2 + 12 H+ = C6H6 + 3 H2O + 7.5 O2
 log_k           0.000
        -gamma    5.4000    0.0000

this is supposed to be an irreversible reaction with a scaling for intra-aqueous kinetic reactions = 1.0e-11

right now my main problem is convergence.
I'm not sure If my errors originate from the  .trans or .chem file.

If you have an answer to this problem I would love to hear it.

Best regards,

Angus

The URL of this page is: https://wwwbrr.cr.usgs.gov/projects/GWC_coupled/phreeqc/mail/msg00667.html