[no subject]

Dear David,

I have a question concerning KINETICS:
I want to model kinetic oxidation of both organic carbon and ammonium in
groundwater. For
this, I created two monod kinetic rates for Orgc_ox and AmmH_ox. To test the
kinetics, I created an input file (see attach) with orgc, amm and oxygen
present. Results (output_phreeqc.xls) show that nitrate is increasing when
ammonium is oxidated (as I expected),
but once oxygen is depleted, my results show a decrease in nitrate that I can't
explain.
Another thing is that when I set the concentration of orgc to a low value (my
background water does not contain organic carbon) the model won't run and tells
me that it has negative concentration for orgc (error message).
My question now is if there is a way of "telling" the program that there is no
organic degradation when there's no orgc present.

best regards,

bruno

--
Bruno Haerens