PHREEQC-I

Hello Dr. Parkhurst,

My name is Patrick Delaney from Waterloo Hydrogeologic, Inc.  We are just now finalizing the next release of AquaChem v.4.0.  This version will include a simplified interface to PHREEQC for calculating saturation indices of water samples from the AquaChem database.  However, I would also like to include the installation for PHREEQC-I together with the AquaChem installation so our users will have access to a better interface to the rest of the PHREEQC functionality.

The PHREEQC-I installation will be provided as an additional service to the user so they do not have to download the files from the USGS web site, but we will not be charging them for this service.  Of course, we will acknowledge yourself and the USGS in the documentation, and the PHREEQC-I installation will not be altered in any way.

I am writing to you to see if you forsee any problem with doing this.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Patrick Delaney
Vice President, Software Development
Waterloo Hydrogeologic, Inc.