Re: Fwd: Re: Converting dbs to GWB format

Hi Craig,

> Regarding the below inquiry to the GWB users' group, can you
clue me in on the relationship between the Nordstrom et al (1990)
compilation and the PhreeqC and Water4F databases?

Both phreeqc.dat and wateq4f.dat should be compatible with Nordstrom et al.
Phreeqc.dat is essentially a subset of wateq4f.dat, but there are a few
differences in mineral names and a perhaps a very few reactions. The
Nordstrom compilation is limited, so there are many reactions in both
databases that are not contained in the Nordstrom compilation.

> BTW, we are in the process of converting the latter databases,
as well as the MINTEQ database, into the GWB format.  This should
make our codes largely cross-compatible, since as I remember you
have ported the LLNL database to PhreeqC format.

Sounds good.

David

David Parkhurst (dlpark@xxxxxxxx)
U.S. Geological Survey