A site map may be resized (stretched or compressed) in a manner that keeps one point fixed. This is useful for aligning the site map axes system with the rulers.
Before you begin, make sure that "Site Map" is selected in the "Active Data" Selector.
1. You would typically first move the site map so that the origin on the site map coincides with the origin of the drawing area. The site map origin is typically designated as the fixed point.
2. Click the button. The fixed point icon is displayed on the site map.
3. Place the cursor on the fixed point icon, hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse, dragging the icon to the desired point that will remain stationary when the site map is resized.
4. Place the cursor on the handle (small black square) that you wish to move.
5. Drag the handle by holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse. As you drag the handle, the site map will resize while keeping the fixed point stationary.
6. Release the mouse button when the site map is stretched or compressed to the desired size.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 to move another handle.
Return to: Contents