General transport properties
- Long. disp. (alpha-L): Longitudinal dispersivity, [L].
- Trans. disp. (alpha-T): Transverse dispersivity, [L].
- Heat capacity (dry) (Cs): Heat capacity of dry solids, [Q/L3 oC], where
Q is energy or ML2T-2. For SI units, heat capacities are in J/m3 oC.
- Kt(RMC): Thermal conductivity of water-sediment at residual moisture content,
[Q/LToC]. For SI units thermal conductivities are in W/moC.
- Kt(saturated or Por): Thermal conductivity of water-sediment at full saturation,
- Heat capacity(water) (Cw): Heat capacity of water, which is the product of
density times specific heat of water, [Q/L3 oC].
Return to: Contents