Initial hydraulic condition may be specified as
- Equilibrium profile: The initial pressure head equals
negative elevation head above a water table. The user
may also replace the upper part of the equilibrium
profile by a constant minimum pressure head.
- Pressure head: As specified by the user.
- Moisture content: As specified by the user.
Intercell relative hydraulic conductivity may be computed by:
- Arithmetic mean: The preferred method.
- Geometric mean: An alternative to the arithmetic mean.
- Upstream weighting: May be needed when simulating
the movement of a sharp wetting front into a dry medium.
Hydraulic characteristic functions (for specifying the relations
between pressure head, moisture content, and relative hydraulic conductivity)
may be represented by:
Return to: Contents